Becoming An Emotion Detective – January 2023
This 10-week child group is designed to help children learn the skills and tools necessary to build long-term emotion regulation. Children will come away with skills and strategies to help them feel more confident and in control of their emotions.
This group is run by Dr. Zia Lakdawalla and involves the following:
- Developing a greater understanding for what emotions are and how they function.
- Learning a new skill every week back by research
- Home practice to enhance learning
- Opportunities to support each other by sharing successes and challenges
✔️ Your Child’s Age is 9 to 12
Begins January 16, 2023
January 16, 2023 at 5:45 pm EST.
This 10-week child group is designed to help children learn the skills and tools necessary to build long-term emotion regulation skills. This group applies theory and skills from evidence-based interventions that have been shown to be effective in regulating emotions.
- Understanding my emotions
- Thoughts, Feelings, and Behaviours
- Opposite Action to Emotion
- Noticing your Thinking Traps
- Using Detective Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Present Moment Awareness
- Experiencing my Emotions
- Calming my Emotions Part 1
- Calming my Emotions Part 2
These will be provided to you, available online using any device, phone, tablet or desktop.